Possibly the Most Famous Indonesian Dish
Nasi Goreng (fried rice) is probably the most famous Indonesian dish. This dish is prepared in a wide assortments of ways. We regularly order this traditional dish when we go to restaurants.
Click this link to see the most common varieties of nasi goreng.
These are the ingredients we find in the nasi goreng sapi (fried rice beef) that we commonly eat:
- Fried rice.
- Pieces of fried egg mixed into the rice.
- Fried egg positioned on top of the rice.
- Fried onions sitting on top of the fried egg.
- Several morsels of beef.
- Diced chili peppers (these need to be picked out if you don’t like spicy foods—they are quite hot).
- Kerupuk: a type of fried chip made in an assortment of ways.
- Click this link to read our article on Kerupuk.
Various vegetables on the side:
- Sliced / shaved carrots
- ½ lime—which can be used to squeeze onto the rice