Sacred graves are common in Indonesia, as many people are known to travel to them (bezirarah) and pray for every imaginable desire or need.
Here are a few of the things people will pray for at these graves:
- To pass a test in school.
- To cause someone to fall in love with them (love spell).
- This will make them appear more beautiful to others.
- This is also done to help them find a marriage partner.
- To receive healing.
- To bless a business.
- To bless land prior to it being cleared and planted.
- This special prayer is for obtaining permission from spirits that reside in and around this piece of land. The prayer could also be for the purpose of clearing the area of any spirits that would hinder the prosperity of that land.
- Prior to entering into battles with enemies.
- Protection from evil spirits.
- Protection from any type of danger.
- Winning gambling numbers.
- Some say that when your prayers have evil motives, like to gamble or to hurt others, the evil will come back to haunt you.
- People at the grave called “Makam Syech Keramat Tinggi,” say that people who’ve prayed for winning gambling numbers, or for other evil purposes, have reported that fierce tigers have rushed out of the brush and attacked them. Others reported that they were attacked by giant centipedes.